Photo Credit: Ron Vave
IN ORDER TO CATCH FISH FOR SALE, A FISHING LICENSE IS REQUIRED
A fishing license can be obtained at the beginning and at the end of the year.
To obtain a fishing license:
1. The applicant must obtain a letter of consent from the owner of the fishing ground
2. Once the applicant obtains the letter, it must be brought to the Bua Provincial Council Office for verification and endorsement.
3. The Bua Provincial Council will attach the letter of authority
4. The form of consent is to be signed by applicant and then signed and stamped by the Roko Tui Bua
5. The applicant is then required to take the form to Provincial Administrators (PA) office
6. The PA's office will review, sign and stamp the form of consent
7. The applicant must then take the form of consent to the Commissioner Northern (Macuata House, Labasa)
8. The Commissioner Northern will issue the permit
9. The applicant will then be advised to pay the required fees to the fisheries department in the area concerned to receive the fishing license.